The Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce (GNCC) on March 31 announced the eight directors elected by its membership to the Chamber’s Board of Directors. Six new directors will join the board’s existing chair, Ian Kowalchuk, and vice-chair, Dave Shaw. The 2016 – 2017 GNCC Board of Directors now has 19 members.
“We are very pleased to add the talent and industry knowledge of these respected individuals to our board,” said GNCC nominating committee chair Wade Stayzer. “We are looking forward to their contributions as we continue to support Niagara businesses in their success.”
The six new members include:
Lisa Benger, human resources director, Walker Industries Holdings Ltd.
- As a HR professional with more than 15 years of experience, Lisa loves what Niagara has to offer, and is currently a Director for the Niagara Workforce Planning Board, as well as Co-Chair of the Niagara LIP Council.
- Lisa works at Walker Industries Holdings Limited’s office in Niagara Falls.
Noel Buckley – president and general manager, Scotiabank Convention Centre
- For more 25 years, Noel has worked in the Canadian tourism and hospitality industry, previously serving as President of the St. Catharines Chamber of Commerce, President of Niagara Falls Tourism, and President & CEO of Ottawa Tourism.
Mark Cressman – regional director, media sales, Postmedia Network Inc.
- Born and raised in Niagara, Mark has been in the media business for his entire career, and is currently responsible for more than 30 Postmedia properties throughout Ontario.
- Mark currently lives in Niagara Falls with his wife and two young sons.
Scott Glover – Manager, Kalar Rd. branch, Meridian Credit Union
- As a life-long resident of the region, Scott is passionate about seeing Niagara grow, and is the past chair of the GNCC’s NEXTNiagara Council.
Bill Janzen – President, Future Access Inc.
- As a passionate Niagara entrepreneur, Bill is committed to lifelong learning, and has always embraced risks and the pursuit of new opportunities on the path towards founding his own web design and tech support company.
Holly Mundula – manager, business services, FirstOntario Credit Union
- Actively volunteering to make Niagara a better place, Holly is a lifelong St. Catharines resident that enjoys being involved with charitable community endeavours, including GNCC, JCI, Wise Guys Charity, and Wise Girls.